Hi, We're New Here!

Guest Jetterbug

Guest philosleft

Hi! I too am a very recent adoptive parent of a beautiful Greyhound. Her name was "Cash Maker," but as she doesn't answer to this really, I decided to change it to something, shall we say, less a reminder of her previous occupation and life. I wonder whether lack of name recognition is common and/or if name-changing is...

She's only been in my life for a day, but she's already making herself at home among my veritable zoo of rescue animals. Her new name is "Jackson Olivia"--AKA: Jacks, and she's among the most beautiful creatures I have ever had the opportunity to love. She joins a family that includes an ancient Beagle (Bagel), a Collie-Rott, a Dachsi-Pom, five cats, an iguana, a cockatiel, and in the near future a ferret named Roxanne. We are working on our kitty and small animal skills, but clearly these are intelligent and perceptive creatures--as well as beautiful--and I am convinced that Jacks will be a gift to my life as have been all my animals. She is marvelously affectionate--this, I know, is my very best training tool...

Any advice, suggestions, ideas you may have about training around small animals is much appreciated....I have a good deal of experience with dogs--but have never had a Greyhound.

Many thinks in advance!

Hi W!

Welcome to this great site!

I am sure you will get a wealth of Information and insight on these beautiful and graceful animals.!

Tammy

Welcome to all our new greyhound people!

Edited by tammystroops

In loving Memory of: 

Chip, Wendell, Tessa, Moose, Moody, Noble Storm, Thunder, Gracie, Duke

Welcome from Ottawa!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.