New Ointment?

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Well, I officially feel like the worlds biggest heel. I hear my phone ring, so I raise up from my recliner to go get the phone and I hear the infamous scream of pain.... only... the certain scream is coming from my heart-hound, Drumm. Now those who know me, know how much Drumm means to me. Those who don't... Drumm's my heart-hound, my baby, my uberguber, my lifeline (he alerts me to my severe hypoglaucemia and even brings me OJ and Reese cups), my best Therapy Dog, and my best Animal Assisted Crisis-Response dog. Well, when I raised up, his head was under the foot of the recliner- I SWEAR I didn't know!!!!!!!! He got a cut under his eye from the metal joints when I raised up. It isn't deep... more like a the skin pushed away.

Okay, I'm feeling horrible enough about this, but now I can't find the neosporine. The only first aid stuff I can find is the bottle of Schrieners Herbal Solution, which by the way is like... THE STUFF!!!!!!!! I can't spray that on the cut so close to his eye, I needed neosporine since its an ointment... hmm.... but I DO have vasoline.........

The result is a little vasoline in a plastic cup mixed with a little Schreiners to make a home-made version of neosporine. I carefully put a small amount on the cut, which he seems to say made him feel better. Well, that and the fact that I made him some scrambled eggs with a wee bit of bacon mixed in for his breakfast to make up for my stupidity :rolleyes::blush I know the Schreiners heals cuts really fast and helps prevent scaring, so will see if this works out mixed with the vasoline to make an ointment. Who knows, I may have just accidently discovered some really great new home-made ointment.... HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!

(still feeling HORRIBLE)

Guest CBDTherapyDogs

Hey the new stuff works!!! I woke up and checked Drumm's muzzle, and it looked a heck of a lot better this morning. I KNOW how well the Schreiners works, but wasn't sure if it would do the same when mixed with the vasoline.... looks like it did make the "neosporine"!