Arthritis

Guest ss556

How important is MSM in addition to glucosamine and chondroitin for treating arthritis? Alan gets one-half of a baby aspirin daily b/c of his high blood pressure & kidney disease, so we have to be careful w/meds.

MSm is for pain so I would think it's important.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Tenderhearts

All of my seniors get a supplement that also has MSM in it. It definitely makes a difference as it's a pain reliever. 1/2 of a baby aspirin isn't going to have any therapeutic value as far as pain relief.

You need to make sure the pills have 500 mg each for glucosomine (3 pills a day), 400 mg each for the chordroitan and I'm not sure about the MSM. But 3 pills should be the amount and I read that no pill should have less than 500/400 and the label should read STANDARDIZED. Otherwise you don't know what you are really getting. Dr. Bill recently had a post about this and to be careful as all supplements aren't what they seem since they are not FDA regulated.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Tenderhearts
But 3 pills should be the amount and I read that no pill should have less than 500/400 and the label should read STANDARDIZED. Otherwise you don't know what you are really getting. Dr. Bill recently had a post about this and to be careful as all supplements aren't what they seem since they are not FDA regulated.

Good point, and sometimes 'cheap' ends up in you getting what you pay for.

Not all glucosamine supplements are absorbed and utilized well in a dog.