Nose Ouchie

Guest jurishound

Guest jurishound

I was away for a few days and when I arrived home, Cuffy had a "nose ouchie" as DD describes it. I don't know what may have caused it, and DH/DD have no idea either. It seems to have worsened in the past few days. Can anyone suggest how I should treat it? I thought about dabbing it with vaseline, but DH thinks he'll just lick it off. Thanks!

(We covered his eyes in the photo so the flash wouldn't bother him).

IMG_0511.jpg

Edited by jurishound

He might be rubbing his nose against something while you are away. My friend's Greater Swiss Mountain dog was doing this when he was crated. He'd put his nose against the front of the crate at the very bottom, then he'd move his head up and scratch his nose pretty good. They used neosporin and padded his crate. See if there is anything he might be rubbing on that you could pad to prevent future opening of the wound. I hope he feels better soon!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest KateWantsaGrey
Thanks for the advice - and particularly the pictorial starring Yardman's schnozzle! The demonstrated technique really works!

"schnozzle"... haha..