Bone Fragment

Guest chigal950

Guest chigal950

Molly had what appears to be a 1/2 long bone fragment come through her skin. It left a bit of a hole as you can imagine, but healing fast.

She did have a broken leg from racing. We were told it probably should have been surgically set but wasn't (it's now turned about 8 degrees).

I was just wondering if this is uncommon or if this happens frequently to broken leg dogs.

Oh my.

Kingsley also had a broken hock that was just wrapped but not set, and his back right leg is noticeably "wrong". I certainly hope there are not shards waiting to pop thru!

Hope the healing continues to go well!

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

I've had it happen once, with a dog that had an ongoing problem with infection. Towards the end of his antibiotics, a fragment that was visible on film worked its way out. It wasn't a big deal, since I saw it on his last x-ray and knew what it was by the location of where it erupted.

Lynn