Pitting Edema After Fall In Vet's Office- Please Help

Guest Dogwood235

Guest CarriesMom

:yikes

OMG, how terrible! I am so upset for you and your poor baby. My prayers go out to you and I hope you find out what happened and that they can help her.

Guest Dogwood235

:D quick update for anyone interested...

Bella has been home since Saturday but her improvement from Tuesday morning to Wednesday morning has been dramatic. Her swelling is almost completely gone. She is bright and lively, doing stairs again and even running up to say hi in the yard. I am taking her to the vet to get her blood counts done again today. Hopefully she will be back to normal.

Charley boy is thrilled to have her back and I dare say Bella was even happy to see him b/c she actually wagged her tail upon seeing him Saturday. She didn't even mind sleeping in the same bed as him. Of course now that she is feeling better, she prefers her own bed again. I guess it is true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder. I am glad Charley could provide extra comfort for her. I'm just happy to have my little pack back together again.

still no diagnosis & waiting for test results.

Guest gomiesmom
thoughts and prayers-- First time poster, but I read a lot - MY 2 3/4 yr old Grey, Gomer, had a dental yesterday and his pre-anestetic blood draw site is Port wine purple and it extends from his foot all the way up his leg and is swollen, like pooling blood down by his foot. He went to the E-Vet last night and they ruled out any clotting disorders. His RBC is 106, which I think is normal for greys, but the vet thinks is low. I am more worried abut his white, as the bloodwork showed at 10.8, which I think is high for Greys.They prescribed Prednazone for the swelling, as well as Doxycyclene....

I am waiting on a call from my regular vet this AM. Please let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Thaks,

Gomiesmom

I'm so sorry. I understand your worry. How did they rule out clotting disorders? did they do a clotting test? Von Willebrands factor test? Tick Panel? I'd be interested in what tests they did to rule it out.

My girl just tested positive again for Lyme and Erlichia (which she had before and was treated with doxycyclene). The lyme was weakly positive like before but the lab is re-doing to erlichia titre which my vet says they usually do to confirm a positive. One theory of my vets is that it is a chronic stage of a tick disease.

I am waiting for my vets to contact osu and for the results for more tests to come back.

keep me posted and thanks

Guest gomiesmom

The E-vet did coagulation tests to rule out the clotting disorders. So far no tick borne illness either ( Erlichia) , could be rocky mountain spotted fever, but I only got one tick off of him all summer and it wasnt attached and that was August. Usually Rocky Mtn. shows up sooner than that. My regular vet is calling the bruising vasculitis. They DID admit that they DID use a LARGER needle for pre- dental blood work (as opposed to the multiple other times they have drawn blood from him). We have sent blood to Michigan for an extensive thyroid test, since when I did a base line blood work up on him in May, his t-4 was low. I am hoping the larger needle and maybe rough handling caused the bruising or I dont recall them holding his leg after the blood draw either. ( I will pay CLOSE attn from now on & do it myself if I have to). We'll see. Thyroid tests wont be back from Michigan until 1st of next week.

Sorry to hear about your girl, they'll figure it out !! Keep me posted as well.

Thanks.

Guest FrostyBottoms
:D quick update for anyone interested...

Bella has been home since Saturday but her improvement from Tuesday morning to Wednesday morning has been dramatic. Her swelling is almost completely gone. She is bright and lively, doing stairs again and even running up to say hi in the yard. I am taking her to the vet to get her blood counts done again today. Hopefully she will be back to normal.

Charley boy is thrilled to have her back and I dare say Bella was even happy to see him b/c she actually wagged her tail upon seeing him Saturday. She didn't even mind sleeping in the same bed as him. Of course now that she is feeling better, she prefers her own bed again. I guess it is true what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder. I am glad Charley could provide extra comfort for her. I'm just happy to have my little pack back together again.

still no diagnosis & waiting for test results.

YAY!!! Keep it up Bella!

Glad to hear Bella is doing so much better! What a relief!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.