Frontline Question For Those Who Are Using It

RobinM

We live on the South Shore of Long Island where there is no need for frontline but because we bought the house in the Poconos PA, we started our pack on frontline back in April. We stopped going for the summer and stopped the frontline as well.

As of next weekend, we will be going up probably 1-2x a month. Should we still be using Frontline this time of year? If I need to use it, I want to apply it now for next weekend.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I live in Wisconsin where ticks are not supposed to survive the winter. But sometimes they do. So I frontline if I am headed to the woods regardless of season. Except we don't go into the woods in the deep of winter -- too cold.

But if there are no ticks there and you are only concerned with fleas, then no, I wouldn't frontline during cold weather.

I have no clue if there are ticks or not! That's why I am asking! I guess I need to address Pocono GTers for this!

thanks!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

That was very sweet of you to post and informative, however it shows that LI is "estabished" which may be the case on the north shore (more wooded), but here on the South shore, it's very, very rare (Ocean side of the island). My girlfriend and fellow GTer, Freddygirl uses frontline all year since she lives on the north shore but I do not need to.

I hate to use it on them if not necessary. I know we have some GTers in the area who can let me know if we need to re-apply.

Yes, they are still around. Just pulled one off myself yesterday.

DynamoandElenasignature.jpg

Tamara with Aragorn the crazy cat, Fawkes the OTTB, and always missing Elena (Rapido Elena - Rapido Ebony x Quiet Traveler 9/11/02-11/14/12) and Dynamo (Dotties Dynamo - Gable Dodge x Geez Darla 3/27/2001-7/21/2012). I hope doggie heaven is paved with peanut butter and the bunnies are slow. Run free and happy.

OK, time to reapply! Thanks!