Teaser Gifts

Guest greymomx2

Guest greymomx2

If I want to send preliminary "teaser" gifts, I'm afraid the person might figure out who I am before Christmas comes because of the postmark on my package. Also, if you put your return address on the package, which I always like to do, won't they figure it out? :dunno

Edited by greymomx2

Guest greymomx2

But in my teaser gifts I don't plan to reveal my name; on the return address I'd just put my address, not my name...maybe my teaser gifts need to come straight from vendors so the return address will be theirs, not mine.

Guest goofydog
But in my teaser gifts I don't plan to reveal my name; on the return address I'd just put my address, not my name...maybe my teaser gifts need to come straight from vendors so the return address will be theirs, not mine.

Having the vendor send it sounds like the solution.

If there are a lot of people in your area, then your return address (without name) will be fine.

If you are sending teasers, please don't mark your package as sent until you send the real gift, but it would be helpful for me (so I don't have to answer "I received something, was it from GT, my package wasn't marked as sent" or "can you tell me who this was from? there was no indication on the package"

So, if you are sending or vendors are sending, please indicate that it is a GT Secret Santa and this is not the "main" gift.

Guest greyhound_mommy

Last year when I did it I sent it from the vender and had them slip a note in it saying that it was a teaser. If it's from a main company you can put c/o in the address line and put something that they would know it was from GT, I put more to come too.

Guest greymomx2
If there are a lot of people in your area, then your return address (without name) will be fine.

If you are sending teasers, please don't mark your package as sent until you send the real gift, but it would be helpful for me (so I don't have to answer "I received something, was it from GT, my package wasn't marked as sent" or "can you tell me who this was from? there was no indication on the package"

So, if you are sending or vendors are sending, please indicate that it is a GT Secret Santa and this is not the "main" gift.

No problem Trudy! Thanks! :)

Last year when I did it I sent it from the vender and had them slip a note in it saying that it was a teaser. If it's from a main company you can put c/o in the address line and put something that they would know it was from GT, I put more to come too.

Ooh, the c/o line; that's a good idea! Thanks! :colgate

I'm a newbie at this :blush