Just Out Of Shape?

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

We have a vet appt for Paris next week for a good once-over, but I want to know if this is something I should ask about.

She and Charm just did MAJOR zoomies in the yard, and when she stopped, she was standing there whining. The first thing I did was check all of her legs and paws to see if there were any injuries and she didn't have any visible cuts. She was trembling a little and licking her left front leg.

When she comes down the stairs, she also goes easy on the same leg, usually putting down her right immediately after on the same step, and she's done that from day 1. Her track history doesn't show any falls, and her old owners didn't say anything about any injuries.

Yup, probably out of shape, got a cramp or pulled something.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest charmsmom

Whew!!! I am hoping that's all it was. I gave them each a Twinkie after their run and now they're both crashed on their beds, so I doubt she's in serious trouble. :)

I'd keep her on a leash for at least a week.

Yes, Dan's right - leash walks only; don't allow her to run around and cause further damage.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire