Adenocarcoma

Guest Gr8hounds

If what I found is what it is, I'd email Dr. Couto:

FOLLOW-UP

• Little is known about the metastatic potential of sebaceous gland adenocarcinoma. Prognosis is good if complete surgical excision is achieved.

• Apocrine sweat gland adenocarcinoma is associated with a very guarded prognosis; aggressive surgical resection required for local tumor control; postoperative chemotherapy recommended to delay or prevent development of metastasis.

Sending prayers!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest Gr8hounds

hi! Thank you so much! He is actually the first person that I even emailed earlier this week! :) I don't think there is a lot of information out there becuase I am not sure if it is that common.... :( How is huston doing? I hope to see you at the next rtw abilene gathering!

Guest Gr8hounds

I think they did get clean margins, but the vet said that they can really never be 100% sure... I know it isn't common, but I wonder if it is more common in broodies? Do you know of anyone that has even had a boodie with a lump or a mammary tumor? I hear of osteocarcoma.... but just not sure about this!! :blink:

There are a bunch of adenomas and adenocarinomas that occur in dogs -- they're common types of cancer. Some are malignant but tend not to spread quickly; some are malignant but do; etc. Your path report should give some indication of the kind of cells they found

Here's a link that gives some mammary tumor info: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_mamma...s__canine_.html

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.