Residual Itch

Guest hannahmom

Guest hannahmom

So, we went to Greyhound Planet day, and Chinghis came home with that little something extra - FLEAS :eek

So, I ensured that everyone's topical flea meds were current, dosed everyone with Capstar, washed everything that would fit in the washer and sprayed everything that wouldn't.

The problem is that Hannah is still scratching - she`s negative for flea dirt, so I think it must be an allergic RXN from a bite.

Anything I can give her so she doesn`t rip her poor ears off

The boys are fine - only the Monkey Girl is suffering

Thanks

Tena

Guest wilsontrixie

benadryl.

100 mgs.

it will help the itching....did you bath her too? if you did, you may have not got all the soap off so do another rinse.

i don't know what capstar is but I'm assuming it's a flea treatment of some kind...has she had it before?

Guest hannahmom

Capstar is a `take this and 20 minutes later all the fleas fall off your dog dead of cardiac arrest pill``

She`s never had it before, but neither have the boys

Thanks for the suggestion

Guest wilsontrixie

wow, do you have to get that from a vet? or can you buy it at the petstore?

i may need to come down there and go shopping!!

you guys have really cool chemicals down there (that is a joke)

benadryl.

100 mgs.

I would start with 25mg twice a day and see how she does. Usually max dose is 1mg / lb.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Tenderhearts
benadryl.

100 mgs.

it will help the itching....did you bath her too? if you did, you may have not got all the soap off so do another rinse.

i don't know what capstar is but I'm assuming it's a flea treatment of some kind...has she had it before?

100 mg of benadryl would be the dosage for a 100 lb dog. The appropriate dose is 1 mg per pound.

Guest greytmonty
benadryl.

100 mgs.

I would start with 25mg twice a day and see how she does. Usually max dose is 1mg / lb.

I would check with your vet. Monty takes 175 mg per day and he weighs 80 lbs. This is from our derm vet and I do not recommend this dose to anyone without vet clearance.