Guest Belllaluv

Guest Belllaluv

Greetings everyone! I am new to this all ...I will tell abit about us first...we adopted a rescue Greyhound cross(with a Redbone coon hound), and she is such a joy and delight to us ever since the day she came home with us at 4mos of age. Our girl name is "Bella" and she was one of a litter of 7 puppies but her and two littermates were rejected from the original owners due to them getting sick "canine flu of some sort"...these 3 were brought in to a vet to be put down. Luckily, my friend who is a dog groomer and works with the vet was there that day! She stopped the vet from carrying out the dreadful fate. ANd she packed up the brood of greyhound pups took them into a different vet, someone who she didn't work for. And had them all tested for parvo and other things,,,narrowed down the health issues and bought the required meds to help them along....Needless to say, they all reovered but our Bella had the "bleakest" outlook there was a 48hrs "touch and go with her"it didn't help being the runt of the litter but she MADE IT!!! She had to have daily IV treatments and rounds of antiboitics,,,but she is a trooper. Her "fostermom" gave her the fighting chance that she deserved. We love our beautiful brindle girl and she knows it! We have 3 children and a cat and bird and they all get along just fine. Alas, I should also mention Bella's other 2 siblings also found forever homes. I am glad to join Greytalk and get to share and learn. :colgate

Guest Belllaluv
The link won't open for me, I can't wait to see Miss Bella! :)

Ok so the link didn't work and I don't know if I will ever get her picture up here although I did upload her picture in place of mine if you click on my username. I always think it is so much easier when you can upload the picture....lol anyaways I can tell you that she is going to be 2on Jan 17th 2008 and she looks really cute...everything about her is greyhound she has the look and all the characteristic behaviors of the greyhound only thing is she has coonhound ears! And she has smaller eyes too. She is petite doesn't stand as big as other greyhounds more whippet size. :rolleyes:I am still learning and getting lost on this website,,,LOL this is more fustrating than fun today.