Peeing In The House

Guest tanner

We have had Ashley for about 2 months now. There has been some wetting and pooing in the house, but not too bad. Well there has been 3 wettings in the last few days.

Took a sample into the vets. They say there was a lot of crystals in it and her PH is 8.5. They want it around 7. She has to go on meds for 2weeks.

Is 8.5 high for a greyhound?

Thanks,

Deb

A greyhound's pH level is not different than any other breed, irrc, so if your vet thinks it's high, it's high. Struvite crystals are found in high pH urine.

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest tampagreymom

My girl just had something very similar. Her urine had a "high" PH and crystals in it so they put her on Clavamox for two weeks. No side effects and she just got retested yesterday and her urine is now fine. Good luck to your Ashley.

The sample was about 10mins old. I am not sure what they are putting her on. I will pick it up after work. I think something with "cillin" in it.

Probably amoxy.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest greytexplorer
We have had Ashley for about 2 months now. There has been some wetting and pooing in the house, but not too bad. Well there has been 3 wettings in the last few days.

Took a sample into the vets. They say there was a lot of crystals in it and her PH is 8.5. They want it around 7. She has to go on meds for 2weeks.

Is 8.5 high for a greyhound?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi Deb,

I feel your pain.

Mandy has chronic uti's (complete with crystals) and it drives the vet crazy every time I bring her in :riphair

Please know that your pup doesn't feel good, and accidents will happen, unfortunately.

If you've never had a uti, be very thankful; they are awful to suffer thru.

UTI's can be very painful. Be sure to give all the meds as prescribed until finished, and have her urine checked again two weeks after completion of the antibilotics just to be on the safe side, since UTI's can sometimes be difficult to get rid of. The good news is she will start feeling better fairly quickly after the meds are in her system.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg