Limping...

Josie

well Tuffy was all happy and joyfull yesterday, He played in the yard with his friend Tiger..running around..

after a little nap we went to the evening walk...

Tuffy found a spot to pee, He does not lift his leg but strech out to pee..funny big boy...

He started walking again but He was limping from his back right leg... It seemed very painfull... The walk was cut short.. returning home Dh and I look at his paws thinking that it must be his corn acting up again... but the corn is the same (no bigger at all), found nothing in the paws (no piece glass, no splinter)...

I gived him a massage and put hot towels on his leg. Gived him half a small dose aspirne...

This morning He is still limping.. walking on 3 leg... When standing still he just put his toes on the grown...

There's no apparent swelling anywhere.. 2 back legs the same size...

could it be a dislocate toe? Tuffy toes are already crooked when we adopted him...

So I have a appointment at 3 with his vet...it's 8h20am right now... day will be long... Did not get much sleep last night.. I slep on the couch near Tuf... :unsure

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Our first greyhound, Tuffy: You will always be there with us my angel!
Tuffy greyhound-data
Otis greyhound-data Abbey greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

If he has a corn, it may just be that. There are times when Turbo's corn is scarcely even visible and his toe become so senstive he doesn't want me to so much as touch it. If your pup had dislocated a toe, you'd know it - they're pretty obvious and beyond the normal greyhound crooked toes.

Do you have a therapaw for your dog to wear? That may help.

Hope it's nothing serious - either the corn or maybe a pulled muscle.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

If he has a corn, it may just be that. There are times when Turbo's corn is scarcely even visible and his toe become so senstive he doesn't want me to so much as touch it. If your pup had dislocated a toe, you'd know it - they're pretty obvious and beyond the normal greyhound crooked toes.

Do you have a therapaw for your dog to wear? That may help.

Hope it's nothing serious - either the corn or maybe a pulled muscle.

yes he has a therra-paw for his corn... but he hates wearing it :( Tufy let us touch his paw with the corn... we can press it and he does not move it away...

thik it's more musles (or ligament?) realated... will see what the vet thinks...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data
"When you open your minds to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth." W.Bishop

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Tuffy. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Does he pull back when you squeeze either side of his corn toe? Regarding Therapaws, I've found the best way to acclimate a dog to wearing them is to make him wear two - on the good foot and the bad. That way, he doesn't know which leg to limp on, as Dr. Radcliffe says :)

If he was running around, it could very well be a soft-tissue injury. You can try flexing and extending each of his limbs to see if you can figure out where the pain is coming from. Or just let the vet do it this afternoon :D

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Does he pull back when you squeeze either side of his corn toe? Regarding Therapaws, I've found the best way to acclimate a dog to wearing them is to make him wear two - on the good foot and the bad. That way, he doesn't know which leg to limp on, as Dr. Radcliffe says :)

If he was running around, it could very well be a soft-tissue injury. You can try flexing and extending each of his limbs to see if you can figure out where the pain is coming from. Or just let the vet do it this afternoon :D

I can touch as much as I want his corn paw...so.. probably muscle realated... hoping so... :unsure

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Back from the Vet, He says it's a pull muscle. No x-ray was done but by manipulation we saw that the big muscle of the hip was painfull and Tuffy restricted the movement because of the pain...

so...

15 days of Metacam, 21 days of no running or playing around with Mr.Monkey (favorite stuffie)...

should take 3-4 days to start seing improvement.. meantime I give his massage and hot towels...

poor big boy...

Here's a pic of tuffy with Mr.Monkey

bestfriend.jpg

Edited by Josie

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Just some info, Heat often aggravates a pulled muscle. It increases pain and inflammation in the area. Ice might help better in this situation.

ok thanks :)

I was thinking hot then cold.. but I'll go with cold...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Guest VanillaBean
Just some info, Heat often aggravates a pulled muscle. It increases pain and inflammation in the area. Ice might help better in this situation.

ok thanks :)

I was thinking hot then cold.. but I'll go with cold...

Heat is good after 3-4 days. Actually, we tell our patients to ice for first 4, then alternate heat/ice for 3/4 days, then heat! Whew.

Traci

no big improvement here... :( He does strech more but still have a weird walk...

after 5 dose of metacam Tuffy is still limping...

We will probably go back to the vet on Tuesday if there's no improvement..

I'm so worried about the big boy...

We went to the picnic yesterday... Tuf rested on his bed enjoying the sunny day...

tuffy-chapeau.jpg

:kiss2 please get better soon my handsome boy...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Will they take x-rays? Paws and fingers crossed and sending healing thoughts.

yes it's gonna be the next logic step... just hopping it's not spine ralated... :weep

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Sending prayers and gentle hugs. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest lapatte

poor guy :o( well, let's hope he is all better by Tues... and that if he's not, it's nothing serious... which hopefully the x-ray will show....

big kiss to you tuffy!

nat

doing a little better this morning.. still stiff when He get up from laying down on his bed... but when he walks slowly after a few minutes it's near to a normal walk.. well his tail does not curl anymore... that's a good sign... right?

just when he is ''trotting'' He goes on 3 legs.. :unsure but I restrain him to walk fast...

I started given him vitamin C, E and Alfalfa...

I'm back to work this morning.. after 2 weeks vacation.. just hoping that Tuffy will be better when I come home tonight...

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

At a trot, the weight distribution is different than a walk, so if he's having pain, that's where you'll really see it. Hope he continues to improve for you.

doing better, slowly better :colgate

I think big boy really hurt his muscle big time and with 2 more weeks taking it slowly He will be back to normal...

the way it,s going we may not go back to the vet... letting time heal his boo-boo...

This morning I had to tell him no running during the walk because he was starting to get excited...

I'm happy seing him acting more himself, (even if He is not a normally a big outgoing grey, big shy Tuffy)

;)

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data

Tuffy is doing better today... still stiff when he stand up from his bed and limping a little whille trotting...

only thing that worries me is that tomorow evening will be is last dose of metacame...

what should I do?

check if things are still stable and let time pass to recovery or get a other bottle from the vet?

:unsure

Edited by Josie

siggy2_zpsfb2ddd63.jpg
Tuffy greyhound-data