Peeing, Again

Guest jupiterooos

Guest jupiterooos

Jupiter had a UTI about a month ago, and went on Clavamox (an antibiotic). While he was on it, for the FIRST TIME EVER he had NO accidents inside. We were able to leave him for as long as most people leave their dogs (six hours!) and he was fine. And his pee seemed normal - it had always seemed like he peed way more than he should have considering he has to be coaxed to drink water, and his pee came out like a Water-Pic - stop and start.

He finished the Clavamox a week ago and gradually the accidents have come back :( The first time I thought, well, he was alone for four hours, that's borderline. But he kept having them....and today he was alone just one hour and he peed a LOT even though he had been out for a good walk just before we left.

What do you think? We're going back to the vet of course (they are closed today) but why do you suppose he got almost instantly back to "normal" once he stopped the pills?

Guest DorianGreyhound

Poor baby! :( I hope they have something good to beat this for him. I feel for you both.

Sounds like he has a chronic infection and it wasn't strong enough a dose? Not sure :(

Sometimes those UTIs can be stubborn. You might have to keep him on antibiotics for a longer duration the second time around. I'd bring a urine sample to have it tested again too. I hope it clears up soon!

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest greytexplorer

Poor all of you!

uti's are no fun for either of you.

Yep, you're gonna need another urine sample, and possibly another round of antibiotics.

Vet might use a different kind next time.

My Mandy fights this all the time, so I REALLY feel your pain.

oh, and my carpet does, too.... <_<

UTI's are not fun at all, poor baby. He will probably need to take them for another round and then be re-tested again. When Teddy was three he had to go through three rounds of antibiotics before he was finally clear. No problems since (knock on wood) and that was five years ago.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg