Another Newbie Yet To Be Adopted By A Hound:p

Guest SpikedPunch

Guest SpikedPunch

Hello there! My name is Sacha, I'm 20 years old and from New Zealand.

I'd been looking around online for a while at different kinds of dog breeds, since I'd love to adopt when I finish studying and get a 'real' job. Long story short, I found out about greyhounds somehow, researched, went to one of GAP's meet and greets, and fell in love. The leaning in for pats! The soft ears! The big brown eyes! :wub: Plus, the idea of a dog that could keep up with me while speed skating (I play roller derby) is kind of awesome. Me and Mr. or Miss. future greyhound can bond over our times spent racing around a circular track really fast :P

I graduate in May next year and once I get a fabulous high paying job and a fabulous dog friendly place to rent (Yeah I'm sure that'll be a piece of cake...:lol) it's all on for adopting! In the meantime, I'm just going to have to settle for lurking around here and being jealous of all your cute dogs. Waiting sucks! Nice to meet you all!

Guest Moebaaviva

Welcome! :welcome I spent years pining over greyhounds too, waiting until I graduated and had a house and job before I could finally adopt. It's so worth the wait!

welcome from southern california!

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave and welcome to the wonderful World of Greyhounds. It's worth

the Wait and everything else. You are on the right Place for nice Friends , wonderful Dogs and lots of Help.

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest bowiebears

Welcome from the DC area!

Greyhounds are indeed wonderful...no matter how long it take till you get to be owned by one (or more)!

--Isaac

Guest weycoolgrey

Welcome from Boston! I know how hard it is to wait.....is there a greyhound adoption group nearby that you could volunteer with? That would be another great way to get your hound fix!!

Guest das1075

Welcome!

I was in your position last year! I kept lurking around M&G wishing I would graduate already. Which I did, this past spring. I've got the job...now just waiting for things to settle down some more...

...if you ever want to gripe about waiting, I'm your woman!

:welcome You have come to the perfect place for research while you wait for your perfect hound to find you! :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest SpikedPunch

Thanks for the warm welcomes! Nice to know there are other people who are or have been in my shoes.

weycoolgrey: I have a form I've been meaning to send off for months for more information about volunteering with GAP. I really, really need to get around to buying some stamps!