He Is Limping

Hi - Pongo went out for a walk this morning and stumbled. Now he is limping - front left. He can't seem to put his weight totall on that foot. I had to go get him and hubby and we lifted him into the van. Has been several hours and he is still limping. I don't see anything in his paw and it does not appear to be swollen.

Susan and Pongo

Check all his toes (look at the position of the bones, nails), look top and bottom at the webbing between the toes for injury, check the pads of the feet for abrasions, gently palpate his wrist and elbow areas and along the legs to the shoulder. If you find an area of discomfort, that might be the place to use ice (a bag of frozen peas works well) for 15 minutes. Leash walk only to potty, and get to a vet in the morning if he's still limping. Prayers for your boy... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.