Do Dogs Get A "bullseye" With Lyme?

Guest greytmonty

Guest greytmonty

Monty is still full of rashes and things from his allergies. However he has what looks like a real bullseye on his inner thigh area. I am calling the vet today. Do dogs get that mark with Lyme?

thank you,

Karen

Guest vahoundlover

A tick bite on people "can" produce a bulls eye, which needs a trip to the Dr., so I would assume that yes, it can on dogs too.

I was going to say ringworm, I actually got it once, caught it from a horse (long story :lol) and the bulls eye rash is trademark. It is very contagious so if you have other pets keep them away till you figure it out and wash your hands thoroughly to because as I said above re the horse, it is contagious to humans as well.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

A bullseye. :D:D:D:D Sorry, couldn't resist! It looks like a red ring. The center is just regular skin colored. Do a google search for "ringworm rash" and you'll get tons of pictures.

Edited by hllb

Guest greytmonty

Thanks, we are going back to our derm vet tomorrow due to skin infections so I will have her look at it. It sure looks strange and maybe it is ringworm. He was just boarding this weekend, I wonder if he got it/gave it there....

Guest SillyDog

Some skin infections can also produce a bullseye. I had a mosquito bite that got infected and did that in college. Good luck for you & Monty!

Guest SusanP

We noticed several smallish, red bullseye spots on our dogs' tummies and thighs when we were up in the woods in Northern Minnesota one year. The local vet's office I contacted said not to worry, they were "sand fly bites". Don't know if you get those varmints where you are.

Guest greytmonty
We noticed several smallish, red bullseye spots on our dogs' tummies and thighs when we were up in the woods in Northern Minnesota one year. The local vet's office I contacted said not to worry, they were "sand fly bites". Don't know if you get those varmints where you are.

THis one has to be about 1 1/2 inches in diameter so I don't think it is a bite. He is so covered with itchy boo boos it is hard to know for sure. I hope our vet can figure it out.

If it is a bug bite it will probably stay the same size, ringworm will grow. A call to the kennel you had him at might help because if it is ringworm, he likely is not the only one with it. It is very contagious our whole ASPCA had to be shut down for a month while they tried to get it under control.

Edited by Mystella

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest gr84me

My miniature schnauzer used to get bullseyes that were a bit crusty and red on his belly - it was an allergic reaction, but I can't remember if it was a contact dermatitis thing or a food thing or an inhaled thing because he had so many allergies. If you google canine allergies, you might be able to find some examples.