Vets - Carlisle, Pa

Guest MistyFinn

Guest MistyFinn

I am moving to Carlisle, PA and wonder if anyone knows a greyhound savvy vet in that area. Also, any info on pet sitters or kennels is greytly appreciated.

Thanks,

Allison & Finn (5YO/F/Brindle)

Dr. Barnett, Carlisle Small Animal Hospital....www.carlisleav.com. Great doctor! I'm not sure of his greyhound savvy but he was immensely helpful when my min poodle had heart disease and my cat Chelsea.

I live in Mechanicsburg about 30 minutes away.

I've heard of Country Aire kennels there....but I am not into boarding my greys.... I have a petsitter who does very local pet sitting. You could ask the the veterinarian you pick to recommend GOOD pet sitters or boarding facilities.

Edited by Fudge

Guest JudiK

You will probably be about an hour from Dr. Alyssia Deaven, "Greys and Strays" in Fredericksburg (where 81 and 78 split). She specializes in greys, and she answers her phone all the time. I am about an hour from her too - but, let's face it, the hounds usually wind up at the E-Vet in emergencies anyway - but you can't talk to your real vet first. All of her contact information is on the Keystone GPA website. It's about halfway to King of Prussia (about 90 minutes - 2 hours for you...) that's where Pere's eye doctor is - Metro-Vet.

Guest MistyFinn
How far is Carlisle from King of Prussia/Ft Washington area?

I am currently in the KoP area....it is about 2 hours from Carlisle. But for my friends still in this area....which vet are you recommending in the KoP area? :colgate

Guest greytmonty
How far is Carlisle from King of Prussia/Ft Washington area?

I am currently in the KoP area....it is about 2 hours from Carlisle. But for my friends still in this area....which vet are you recommending in the KoP area? :colgate

Metro Vet off Trooper Rd