Zipp's Ongoing Leg Problem: We Need An Acupuncturist

Guest zippsmum

Guest zippsmum

So,

Thank you so much to everyone who replied in regards to my zippy's phantom pain. Saturday morning I took him to the emergency vet as he was in too much pain for my liking and she diagnosed a back problem, pehaps a pulled muscle. It was fairly obvious that there was something wrong with his back as a part of his spine was standing out due to muscle tension and there was pain when she put pressure on it. She did tip back his back paws and he righted them right away, very aware of where his feet where. She gave him metacam and things go better immediately. Now however, I have another cause for concern. There is no longer any pain as far as I can tell, zippy is sensitive and if there was pain he would yelp, but just this morning when we were out for a small walk, on lead, his back legs seemed to be giving him trouble. When we got home I tipped his back paws back and he was not as quick to right them, which leads me to believe that there is some deeper back injury at work here.

My question is......does anyone know of any veterinary accupuncturists in the south western ontario area? The vet at the emerg clinic thought that this would be the best first bet, but didn't know of anyone close by. If you know of anyone please tell me.....I really want to get this sorted out for zip.

Thanks in advance,

Ghislaine

A city would be helpful :) Here are some I found but I don't know how close:

JANICE HUNTINGFORD , DVM

ESSEX ANIMAL CLINIC

355 TALBOT ST NORTH

ESSEX , ONTARIO N8M 2W3

CANADA

Phone: 519-776-7325

Fax: 519-776-5405

Modalities Practiced: (Modality Quick Reference)

AC(IVAS) CH CR(AVCA) MA CERTIFIED CANINE REHABILITATION

Practice Preferences:

SMALL ANIMAL

www.essexanimalclinic.com

KATHY GADD , DVM BSc

SAUGEEN SHORES MOBILE VETERINARY SERVICES

PO BOX 2072

PORT ELGIN , ONT N0H 2C0

CANADA

Phone: 519-386-4368

Fax: 519-389-2783

AC(IVAS)

Practice Preferences:

SMALL ANIMAL EQUINE HOUSE CALLS

Chiropractic:

MARGARET HACKING , DVM

BALLANTRAE ANIMAL HOSPITAL

4942 AURORA RD

STOUFFVILLE , ONTARIO L4A 7X4

CANADA

Phone: 905-640-6809

Fax: 905-642-8845

BF CR CR(AVCA) CM H HC

Practice Preferences:

SMALL ANIMAL

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest zippsmum

Thanks so much,

We are in London, so Essex is about a two hour drive from us......do you know of anyone closer?

We are off to the vet for xrays to try and get a diagnosis.

Guest zippsmum

So.....

We went to the vet today and she took some xrays. Zip doesn't have any cancerous masses or lesions, which is wonderful, and his spine looks fine, no proplases between the vertebrae and no narrowing of the inter-vertebral spaces. She still thinks that he has blown a disk when he had his accident last week. We have decided to go with medical rather than surgical intervention, so now he is having a meds regime for the next ten days with the hope of stabilizing the blow out and perhaps even improving his range of motion. So, as it stands, strict restriction of movement for the next two weeks and meds till the 30th of June. She feels very hopeful that this should stabilize him and that he should be just find, albeit not able to jump into the car or onto the couch....I can deal with that, as long as I have my boy and he is comfortable.

I guess that my question now is has anyone else delt with something like this? How are things? If things do not improve, or if they in fact worsen then I think that we will have to consider very carefully to do about it. I would rather have him running free over the rainbow than paralyzed and in pain here with me. I need hugs tonight......

CHI certified, didn't list a phone number:

Desiree Chen, DVM

Cambridge, Ontario N3H3M6, Canada

IVAS

Name:

Burgess, Lisa

Business: Burgess Vet Mobile Serv

Degree(s):

BSc, DVM

Address:

183 7th Concession Rd E RR #1

City: Milgrove