Ace Had Her First Bandage Change Today

My mom and I changed Ace's bandage today...the worst part was getting the stuff off that the evet put on there! They had put medical tape on her bare skin where they shaved her tail...poor peanut has red skin for about 3 inches up her tail now :(

I have to say it looks pretty good though, I hope it continues to heal well & we'll change her again next week. The syringe tube is a GODSEND! This way I don't have to worry about her banging her tail on anything and reopening the stitches on the end. We drilled some holes in it so there will be better airflow but other than that I think we're good to go...

Praying that she can stave off any infections that might want to crop up...she's on amoxicillin but that was for a uti, though I'm sure it's taking care of the tail too :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest argolola
Thanks for the update. I was wondering about her. I'm glad to hear she's doing well.

Me too. Please give her a puppy kiss for me.