Alan Just Not "right"

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

For the past couple of days now, he hasn't been eating his kibble, only the add-ins like chicken most of the time or beef. Now, he's not really liking that either b/c its mixed with the kibble I guess. I fed him chicken from my hand, he ate that. He isn't drinking a lot either. Seems mopey but then before he got up and ran after a rabbit. So I don't know if he's "playing me", if something is wrong with the kibble or what??? His face seems sad. That's all I can say. I hope it's not the kidney disease, he just recently had a urine test and everything was ok, nothing got worse. It's hot here today in NY, but this is the first hot day we've had, so its not that. He's been eating grass again, hasn't been pooping as much as he usually does, but he's not eating much either. He will eat dog food packets. Any ideas?

Guest greytexplorer

Constipation?

Have you tried pumpkin?

I really don't know........just trying to rack my brain and offer suggestions...........

Guest CocktailGirl

i hope Alan feels better soon. :bighug

could it just be that he is getting picky? Tonic does this all the time, it is a constant battle to find what he likes and as soon as we figure out what he will eat he decides not to eat it anymore.

Guest ss556

He is on meds - 3 for HBP & KD, but I gave him pepcid. It's weird b/c he's fine one moment and doesn't seem fine the next. Nothing I can put my finger on, but I'll keep observing since I'm home with him for 4 days.

Maybe he is tired of the food, it was a thought.

Sending my many prayers for Alan. I know how you must be feeling when you know that something is just not right and you don't know what! I hope it's just a tiny little bug and that he will feel better real soon. Also...thank you so much for the beautiful card. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest luluaz
For the past couple of days now, he hasn't been eating his kibble, only the add-ins like chicken most of the time or beef. Now, he's not really liking that either b/c its mixed with the kibble I guess. I fed him chicken from my hand, he ate that. He isn't drinking a lot either. Seems mopey but then before he got up and ran after a rabbit. So I don't know if he's "playing me", if something is wrong with the kibble or what??? His face seems sad. That's all I can say. I hope it's not the kidney disease, he just recently had a urine test and everything was ok, nothing got worse. It's hot here today in NY, but this is the first hot day we've had, so its not that. He's been eating grass again, hasn't been pooping as much as he usually does, but he's not eating much either. He will eat dog food packets. Any ideas?

My thirteen year old "visitor" is not right, either. I suspect 101 degrees :eek as our answer, he is from Seattle, but it makes me nervous. He is not eating the SG Millenia(33# bag, mostly full :angry: ), but will eat the add-ins, just like Alan.

This old guy is a real sweetie, I am sad when he is not munching away. Oh, did I say his ribs are showing again, and I mean ALL of them?! SIGH