Self-appointed Bed Tester

Guest w00wah

Guest w00wah

A week ago I introduced myself - and thank you all so much for the wonderful warm welcome! I've decided to rename Amy (Bankside Bella) as 'Shan' (ryhmes with 'man'). In Hebrew it means 'God is gracious', and in Welsh, 'God has given'. And that's just how I feel about her!

As far as I know, I'm still due to pick her up on Friday (23rd), and I'm taking next week off work to settle her in. I intend shutting her in my bedroom when I go to work (at least initially), and I've been getting the cat, Nala, who spends a large part of her day on my bed, used to the idea by shutting her out of my bedroom and encouraging her to use her other bed, in the lounge. I'm hoping that this will mean that she won't associate the banning from the bedroom during the day, with the arrival of Shan into the family.

Nala is about 12 years old, and quite used to dogs - and I think she has missed not having any around for the past 11 months, as she follows me outside and around the garden etc, whereas she never used to when she had the dogs for company.

This afternoon I put Shan's bed in my room, and within minutes it received the Nala stamp of approval. I just might have to put it away out of sight again so she doesn't become too attached to it!

200307NalafindsShansnewbed003.jpg

Trish

Guest bowiebears

Don't recall if I welcomed you or not....but if I did, be welcomed again!

Congrats on the new name! I like it; I love those cross-cultural things.

Wishing you all th ebest,

Isaac

• 2 weeks later...
Guest w00wah

Would you believe it - Nala might as well have this bed :nappy , because Shan doesn't like it (it's a bean bag - she prefers the folded duvet on the floor). Trouble is, it's insanely big for a cat bed, even for the big "Blobbeh" as she is affectionately known.