New Greyt Mommy

Guest Greyt_mommy

Guest Greyt_mommy

:) Hello everyone! My name is Donna and I have adopted my first Greyhound this past week! She is 6 years old and her name is Dana.. racing name "Devious Dana".. She had a career from 2002 until 2006 and raced primarily in New Hampshire and Plainfield Connecticut.

She is a beautiful Light Brindle and already the apple of our lives. I cannot get over how greys are so tame and relaxed and how they sleep all the time! Perfect! This week is going to be hard for us because my fiance and I are heading back to work and she will be in her crate. She LOVES her crate and spends a lot of time in it. She goes in it if I am in the bedroom reading or if I am folding laundry. She just wants to be in the same room as us.

I do have 2 other cats and she does show a little interest in them.. mostly that she wants to make friends etc but she is so big, that she scares the cats and they run and then off she goes!! Nothing threatening though.. she is very laid back and just wants to play.

I live in Quaker Hill Connecticut and am so happy to be a new Grey mommy!! I am falling in love with this breed more every day and if I had more room, would adopt another!! Maybe when I get a bigger house! *grin*

Hugz,

Donna :)

Guest MotherofBaby

Welcome :welcome2:balloonparty ,

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in West Hartford CT! I got one greyhound, Baby,(Shoreline track) in April and she needed a buddy so we got Tony(Plainfield track) in August! Don't worry about the room, when you are ready (soon!), you will know it! Good luck and have lots of fun.

Oh, and we DO need some photos! I was told when I joined it was in da rulz! :rules

Guest LuvXRacers

:welcome

Congratulations!! They are a wonderful breed with wonderful tempermants, aren't they? Love Love love, that is all they know!

We will be looking forward to pictures!! :digicam We LOVE pictures!!!

Guest Greyt_mommy

Thanks for the welcomes! I am going to be using Dana's pic as my avatar but I need more posts before I can do that.. in the meantime.. you can check out her beautiful face on my profile.. just check it out.. and once I figure this board out, I will be adding some more pics soon!

Again, thanks for the welcome!

Donna B)

Welcome! Oh, she's so beautiful! I love the "distinguished" look of the light face. :wub:

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!