Date Set For Arrival

Guest kajhensley

Guest kajhensley

December 3rd we get our first greyhound. She is a 2yr old cutie. We are so excited we can't wait. :P Any suggestions on what we need to do to make the first few days as easy for her as we can? Kim

Guest BradyzMommy

Congratulations on your addition!

For me the most important things in the first few days, weeks and months was PATIENCE. Remember to have lots of it on hand!

:)

Guest kajhensley
Congratulations on your addition!

For me the most important things in the first few days, weeks and months was PATIENCE. Remember to have lots of it on hand!

:)

Thank you for the advice

Guest Brandy_b

Congrats!!! Dont worry :) And have plenty of things to spoil her with ;) New colalrs, bling, coats, etc :P You can never have too much stuff!! Cant wait to see pics!

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Guest 2greytdogs

Congrats! I'm excited for you. I got my first at the beginning of September. Things that helped me in the first few days - having food bowls, beds, kennel, etc in place and ready to go; TREATS; and stuffed animals (stuffies) with squeakers.

Good luck!!

Guest PhillyPups

:confetti CONGRATS!! :confetti

Patience is important to have on hand, remember everything will be new to your pup. I would suggest a couple of big dog beds, some stuffies, raised feeder, a leash, oh and you may want to shop for fancy collars, they become addicting. :)

We are here to help in anyway we can. OH and make sure to ENJOY your hound and when your pup arrives, we love pictures. :)

Guest mountain4greys

:clap:clap:clap:confetti:confetti:confetti:clap:clap:clap

Yes, patience is key. You can never stop having patience. You are going to be rewarded 10 fold. "Give a greyhound a crumb, they will give you a loaf". Congratulations!! You have to be very, very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest pashas_momdad

Do as much research on Greytalk as you can. That will make you feel as confident and comfortable as possible to enter this new stage of your and your family's life. Any challenges you might encur, someone here has had it happen as well and they are anxious to help and advise.

Guest greytmonty

We got our first greyhound about 2 months ago. The GT'ers are incredibly helpful so ask lots of questions if you have any problems! I underestimated the "settling in" period and got very worried about what turned out to be a lot of very normal adjustments that we and Monty had to make. 8 weeks later he is a pet and family member and companion; my earlier posts not withstanding!!!!!

Prepare for a period of adjustment and you will be rewarded 10 fold!

Guest kajhensley
We got our first greyhound about 2 months ago. The GT'ers are incredibly helpful so ask lots of questions if you have any problems! I underestimated the "settling in" period and got very worried about what turned out to be a lot of very normal adjustments that we and Monty had to make. 8 weeks later he is a pet and family member and companion; my earlier posts not withstanding!!!!!

Prepare for a period of adjustment and you will be rewarded 10 fold!

Guest kajhensley
Congrats, on your new adoption I know how exciting it is. We need details too, name, how old, color. Keep us posted.

I'm working on getting a picture on here. The only one we have it from the website. I'll figure it out hopefully.

Guest PhillyPups

If your hound does not come with a plastic muzzle, in fact a new one would be nice, some get raggedy. You would want to have one for when you take him running with other hounds, as they may nip and their skin can tear easily. I suggest on the tag you put your cell phone number on, it your hound should get loose, you would have your cell with you.

The first day your hound, if it has not been in a foster home, may stand and pant a lot, that is normal, as it is a whole new world for your pet. Just be patient.

BUT relax and know you are only fingertips away from here if you need help. :colgate