New To The Site

Guest GreytfulMom

Guest GreytfulMom

Hi! I am the "Greytful Mom" of four dogs...two wonderful greys, retired racers, named Ptolemy (7) and Belvedere (4). Yhey are the loves of our lives! They have such different personalities....Ptolemy is the "King of the Manor" and Belvedere is the court jester! They have a sister, Trixie, that we adopted when she was left homeless after Hurricane Katrina. And Ptolemy has a best friend...our 1-year old miniature Dachshund puppy, Chester! We call the two of them the long and short of it!

Guest greytloves

Welcome! :wave

I also have a Dachsund and 2 greys. People ask me all the time "is he a greyhound puppy?" Yeah, the legs just grow really fast.

How do you say Ptolemy? How did he get this name? what does it mean? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Edited by greytloves

Guest Brandy_b

Welcome!!! I am trying to work on getting 2 greys, hahah :P Your family sounds very nice, you'll need to post some pics for us :D

<3 Brandy & Caliloka

Guest GreytfulMom

Thanks for the warm welcome! We'll be posting pictures soon. Now for the background on the name Ptolemy...my husband selected that name to honor the Egyptian heritage of the greyhound. It's pronounced Tol-la-me.

• 7 months later...