Facial Swelling

The right side of Bama's face is swollen. I gave him benadryl just in case. He took the benadryl in cheese right away, and he had eaten his dinner with his usual gusto. It's not painful when I palpate it. It's not hard; it's a soft mass on his lower right cheek/jaw. He's not having any trouble breathing, and it's only this one site that's swollen. Does it look like it could be the salivary gland? Or maybe it's some kind of bite?

003.jpg

I'm going to take him to the vet in the morning. I got home from work about midnight, but didn't notice anything (not that I could really look at him as he was jumping & spinning around). But when things settled down after they ate & went out I saw the swelling. I was with them in the yard; all he did was run around for 20 seconds, pee & poop. He's lying peacefully on my bed right now, and his breathing is regular, but I'm going to be a wreck all night.

3 am - Nevermind! :lol The swelling is gone! Hope it stays that way :goodluck Must've been some kind of bite, I'm guessing? Or maybe if the gland was blocked, it unblocked somehow? But I'm going to keep monitoring him for a while (after I get a few hours sleep, that is).

Edited by tamborine

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi