Tragic End To Fluffy

Guest Shelley

Guest Shelley

Friday night my little guy (Eric who is 10) was out at his hockey game. I was upstairs and heard my older son yelling for me...I went down and what did I find beside my grey?? Fluffly my son's 5 y/old guniea pig...white fluff just layed there motionless and my Abby looking up at me like..."oh no..what have I done"...somehow Abby found her way down into our basement and got "fluffy" out of her cage...fluffy had no marks on her other than some blood coming out of her ears, I figure Abby must have crushed her skull and within an instant that poor little things life was ended... When my son came home I had to tell him that fluffy had died....he was crying and I told him about "The rainbow bride"...I know fluffy is there waiting for him...sniff... :( We have decided no more white things in the house..EVER!

Guest WuvMyIggy

Oh, that is so sad. Atleast your younger son wasn't home at the time, that could be pretty traumatic for him. I am sure Fluffy will be waiting patiently at the bridge. :grouphug

Guest KennelMom

Poor Fluffy :grouphug

Since your grey is obvisiously not small animal safe - you should be extremely cautious about *any* small animal, regardless of color.

Guest sknydog

Oh dang! My 7 yo son JUST got a guniea pig for Christmas! And as I always have fosters, I told him to never bring Wilbur downstairs and to always keep his bedroom door shut. But I still worry that something could happen. So sorry. :(

Guest IndyTwister
Poor Fluffy :grouphug

Since your grey is obvisiously not small animal safe - you should be extremely cautious about *any* small animal, regardless of color.

1240900[/snapback]

I agree be careful but I also know Indy or Twister would kill a guinea pig or any small rodent actually BUT are cat & small dog safe (even with white fluffy ones).

Sorry for your family's loss. Fluffy will be waiting at the bridge.

:grouphug

So very sorry for your loss. Poor Fluffy. Guinea Pigs and dogs don't seem to mix, we lost two guinea pigs when my children were younger when a neighbors dog came into the house and killed them. They died from heart attacks. Hope you son feels better soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Shelley

You are all so kind and I thank you for your comfort!!! We have decided that we will no longer ever have a small animal in the house again...regardless of colour. We also have a little sheltie who is getting quite old and my son said he would cry even harder if she dies.....sigh...I love the sheltie too, but I think if she wasn't around I could have 2 greys...is this an awful thought??

I'm so sorry about your loss, I had the similar experience with our rat Stitch. I felt terrible as it was my idea to get Pecos our Grey. Even though we'd made sure Pecos could'nt get to the rat, our rat climbed into his locked crate. You could tell your son of my sons loss, perhaps it would help him feel he was'nt the only one, or your Grey was'nt the only Grey to have played too rough with a liitle pet. Pecos seemed sad also. He had'nt chewed or eaten our rat, she just lay next to him in the cage with a punture wound either side of her chest. :cry1

I am so very sorry to hear about your Fluffy.My heart aches for your son also.Tell him to read about rainbow bridge and tell him Linda and Nike said that 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" he will meet n greet Fluffy and all of our angels one more time. :f_white:f_white

I'm so sorry for your son and for poor Fluffy. I hope your son is able to forgive Abby and understands that she was just acting on instinct. :grouphug:f_white

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

I know what that is like. We had a small pet store and one night our bishon got in to the store and killed 2 guiniea pigs.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry... :( Run free sweetie... :f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Poor Fluffy...at least we know at the Rainbow Bridge, everyone is accepted not just dogs & cats ... and Fluffy will be safe there also. My love to your little boy...

f_yellow:gh_lay