2 Months Have Passed

Guest Ferrevergrey

Guest Ferrevergrey

My sweet Boo, it's been 2 months now since you left me alone. Not a day goes by where I don't think of you and all the time we shared together-the good, the bad, the happy, and the sad. I miss you more and more all the time. You've turned me into what I am today-A ferret rescuer through and through. I have done so many things I never saw myself doing before I was blessed with you. I miss you so much, I still can't look at your pictures without crying!! You where my momma's boy, my lover, my angel-and that you will always be. My broken heart will never fully mend, there will always be a hole in it where you once where. But I know you wouldn't want me to sit around and feel sorry, you'd want me to save others as you once saved me. I guess that's the funny thing about rescue work, I never felt like I rescued you, Boo. You where my first and for the longest time only failed rescue-now you've sent me to help Spoof and others like him, and I am grateful for that, but my heart still yerns to hold you! I can only imagine your happiness and joy, and I dream of the day when once again we will be together, frolicking in the meadows, enjoying long snuggles, and never again will you be taken from me. They say it gets easier, but I'm not sure when that will come! I've made it through some of the firsts-the first day, the first week, the first month.....but the more difficult ones are to come-The first Thanksgiving without you to sneak turkey too, the first Christmas with no ferret toys or treats under the tree, or the little ferret trying to carry them away, the first new years where I won't have you curled up in my lap welcoming the new year together. I miss you Boo, my sweet angel baby. I always will, you will always be #1 in my heart!!!!!!