4 Month Bridge Day

Guest Greymom19

Guest Greymom19

Today is Fletch's four month Bridge Day. I miss my boy sooooo much. Even now it's hard to believe he's really gone. Sometimes I feel like he's just in the other room and then it hits me that he's not there. :weep

He was a beautiful boy with a beautiful heart. I am so happy that our lives touched, even if for only a very brief time. He taught me so many things which I needed to learn and I can never thank him enough. There will always be a special place in my heart for Fletch and I love him so very much.

I bought this beautiful card and I keep it beside his photograph. Whenever I really miss him, I read this poem:

Friend, please don't mourn for me

I'm still here, though you don't see.

I'm right by your side each night and day

and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see, or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

As long as you keep me alive in your heart.

pics4%20048_small.jpg

Run free, sweet Fletch :candle

December 16, 1997 - January 15, 2004

Run free sweetie...and look down upon your family until you meet again. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

My deepest condolences.

I just passed Cody's one month Bridge day, and I miss him and think of him just as much, altho the shock has worn off.

I hope Fletch and Cody are playing at the bridge together.

:gh_run2:gh_run2

Edited by kjw

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest how888

I know how you feel, Howie passed away 3 months ago tomorrow and I still can't stand the thought of his loss. Nike has helped me through a lot of the pain but when I got on here and read that poem the tears came flowing.They sure can touch your heart and soul with their deep unconditional love. :f_pink:f_pink

Guest Snowy8

I love this poem, I found it on one of the sites:

Old Dogs Do Not Die

We have a secret you & I, that no one else shall know. For who, but I can see you lie each night in the fire glow? And who but I can reach my hand, before we go to bed. And feel the living warmth of you and touch your silken head. And only I walk woodland paths and see ahead of me, your large form racing with the wind so young again and free. And only I can see you swim in every brook I pass and when I call, no one but I can see the bending grass.

I can just see a greyhound running through the woods, across a stream or laying in the fire light in a dark room.