Remembering My Gigi

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

My grandmother, Gigi, has been gone 10 years ago today. She was my best friend and such a wonderful person. Although life dealt her a solitary hand, she always had a smile and a happy attitude. She would NEVER let an animal go hungry and often took in strays.

Divorced at 21, her husband had been caught cheating on her. She worked as a bookkeeper and raised my dad on her meager salary. She loved my grandfather until the day she died, and never remarried.

I'm sure she stopped at the Bridge on her way to Heaven, checking on all the animals that had gone before her. God bless you, Gigi. I miss you every day.

Guest how888

That was such a beautiful tribute to your grandma. I'm sure she's looking over your shoulder at all times. God bless her for taking care of all those animals. Just think of her up there with St. Francis, feeding all of our loved ones at the bridge. :angelwings:angelwings

Edited by how888

Guest shiningstar

Lene, That is just beautiful! I have been thinking of my Mom a lot. Her bithday was March 25. She passed away 7 years ago and I miss her so.

My DH had a stroke a year ago while on a mission trip to help people in a flood area. He still has a problem with his memory sometimes and this past week they tested him for a brain tumor. My Mom passed away with a brain tumor, so the prospect of it was even more frightening. Thank GOD, his test were negetive. I think he needs to begin taking days off and using vacation time.

I'm sure your Gigi was a wonderful person. :angelwings

Your Gigi sounds like a wonderful person. And I'd bet, too, that she stayed at the bridge (I'M going to!)

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Such a loving tribute. :f_pinkf_yellow:f_white:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Snowy8

You are such a sweet person to remember Gigi today. I'm sure she's having such a wonderful time at the Bridge...tell her to let Jjaks sit in her lap for a while...he died yesterday. He was 11...he was MSGAO's cat tester for 3 years. f_yellow:brokenheart