Diarrhea On Freeze Dried Raw, But Not Frozen?

Guest WhinyHiney

Guest WhinyHiney

Hi all! I was trying to prepare to take my girl home to my parents' house for the holidays so bought several bags of Stella and Chewy's freeze dried raw. She does very well on either Primal or Stella and Chewy's frozen raw both beef flavor, so I figured the freeze dried beef flavor would be the same, and more portable. Strangely enough, she gets foul, dark colored and grainy textured diarrhea when she eats the freeze dried. I did transition the freeze dried with her frozen raw over the course of a week, and followed directions to add lukewarm water to the freeze dried pellets before serving.

Has anyone else's hound had such a strange reaction to freeze dried raw, or am I doing something wrong with preparation? She is acting her normal self otherwise, and has no problems eating the freeze dried. Stella and Chewy's customer service assured me that these particular batches I bought were not recalled, and that the formula is the same as the frozen version.

Edited by WhinyHiney