Alpha Adult Maintenance Food

Just wondering if anyone, in the UK particularly, knows much about this food?

http://m.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB0089/alpha-adult-dog-food-worker-maintenance

I'm struggling to find a review online.

We bought some when we collected our first grey a couple of weeks ago. We've been giving it to him twice a day with some low-salt gravy and a cod liver oil capsule. 2/3 times a week we give him sardines as a treat.

He's fine and healthy but I just want to be sure he's getting all the nutrients he needs. I've read a lot of threads on here and I understand that every greyhound has different needs, but any tips or suggestions would be gratefully received.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0454/alpha-worker-maintenance

Its not great with lot of wheat & maize, both can be problematic for dogs, so personally would avoid it. That site is helpful with explaining ingredients labels & finding something that will fit your budget.

The bag price can be deceiving as feeding quantities can vary greatly, the low quality food our dogs came with was nearly double our current kibble & that all comes out t'other end!

My guys have had Skinner's field & trial salmon & rice /duck & rice and Autarky salmon in past and done well on them. Currently on Lukullus from zooplus which they all stole over the other kibble so must taste good :lol: I just add a bit of water to moisten, some racing dogs are used to having kibble soaked so its soft.

Cod liver oil isn't supposed to be ideal for dogs due to higher vitamin A levels i think, so a fish body oil maybe a better option though he'll get some in the sardines.

Edited by moofie

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the advice. I had no idea that the food we had him on was such low quality.

That website is great. I've had a good look over the options and I like the look of Lukullus (the reviews are great) so have ordered that one and will try him on it. Fingers crossed he likes it.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I feed Jimmy on Markus Muhle, which you can also get from zooplus. That is very similar to Lukullus and gets 4.5 out of 5