My Kylee Groans....

Guest OurGreytLife

Guest OurGreytLife

Kylee is 2.5 years old, playful, active, no limping. She groans when she lays down - it's not a sigh it's a groan. The only time I've had a dog that groaned when he laid down was due to pain (bone cancer or arthritis at end stage of their life). An emergency vet checked her out and could not elicit a pain response upon exam. I'm concerned and Kylee has a vet appointment with her regular vet for blood work & thorough exam.

Has anyone ever had a dog that groaned when they laid down and were perfectly healthy?

Thanks in advance for all your help. Also best wishes to all those going thru health issues with their beloved dogs on this thread. My thoughts & prayers are with you all.

Guest AngelPup

YES, my princess groans/grunts when she lays down--mostly at the end of the day before bedtime, but she sometimes does it before naps too. Very ladylike.... and endearing! If you didn't see her, you'd think it was an old man making that noise.

Yep, all my greyhounds have been groaners. Nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

Heyokha is a champion groaner. He settled down into the armchair last week and groaned for about 10 seconds straight. It was hysterical. Crow just gives a grunt-groan when he's settling down or changing position. Turbo would always groan when he settled in. I had a foster who groaned so loudly I could hear him over my hair dryer :lol

Edited by turbotaina

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Billysmom

Glad I saw this, as I was going to ask about my groaner! Good Lord, the noises these babies can make! Between roooooing, farting, groaning, hacking, chattering, sneezing, zooming, barking and the never ending stomping around.... it's a wonder we ever sleep, hahahahaaa!!