Diarrhea: My Fault?

vjui

OMG. The saga never ends. Most of you know about Frappuccino who was diagnosed with meningitis. Welll she went through a period of anorexia where she didn't eat anything. The poor thing looked cachetic: ribs sticking out, all fur and bones. In an attempt to boost her appetite, we started doing boiled chicken and rice or potatoes. Nico, our other greyhound ( 11 years old) started turning up his nose at his kibble because he "wanted what she's having". So I started butting maybe a 1/4 cup of the chicken/rice I not his kibble,(plus a spoonful of wet, mixed with water) just to appease him. Well, we are now about 3 weeks in, and now he has watery diarrhea. Oops. Too rich? What should I do? He did not touch his food this morning. Help!

Probably not very likely to be due to the chicken and rice. Chicken and rice is easily digested and often recommended for dogs with vomiting or diarrhea. And it if was going to cause problems, I would have expected it before 3 weeks. If he's acting normal, drinking water, and not vomiting, you could keep an eye on him and see if he feels better in a day or two. If he continues to have diarrhea, call your vet on Monday. Or if he gets worse, consider a visit to the e-vet.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg