Food Brand: I And Love And You... Anyone?

IAMs

We ran out of the soft food that we use as a topper (Merrick brand and Blue Buffalo brand... both of which our dogs LOVE), so I ran to the fancier (ie., more expensive) market close to our house. They carry a brand called "I And Love And You."

dog-canned_turkey.jpg

I had never heard of it before... but the ingredients looked great. On their can called "Gobble It Up Stew," the can (and on their website) lists these ingredients:

Turkey, turkey broth, vegetable broth, dried egg whites, peas, natural flavor, carageenan, turkey liver, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, guar gum, salt, calcium carbonate, spinach, sodium tripolyphosphate, potassium chloride, dicalcium phosphate, cranberries, pumpkin, flaxseed oil, choline chloride, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, vitamin E supplement, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, riboflavin supplement, sodium selenite, calcium iodate, thiamine mononitrate, vitamin A supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, potassium iodide, biotin, vitamin D3 supplement

The guaranteed analysis looks pretty good, too (similar to Blue Buffalo stews with slightly lower calorie content):

Crude Protein (min) 8.0%; Crude Fat (min) 4.0%; Crude Fiber (max) 1.0%; Moisture (max) 82.0%

Calorie Content (calculated) ME – 987 kcal/kg 359 kcal/can

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min) 8.0%, crude fat (min) 5.5%, crude fiber 0.80%, moisture (max) 82.0%

Needless to say, our pups LOVED it. And surprisingly, it wasn't much more expensive than Merrick or Blue Buffalo... I think it was $2.69 a can. Since we only use it as a topper, it wasn't that bad or a price.

Anyone else use this food or even heard of it? Experience?

-Joel

Gwen (07/2003-11/2009),  * Maya (cancer , 06/2003-10/2013), *Ollie (cancer 07/2013 - 10/2018), *Azalea (cancer, 7/6/2015 - 5/20/2019), Ashe (cancer 04/2011 - 03/2020)

*Aztec (sister of Inca, 12/1996-08/2011), *Inca (half-Siamese kitty ,12/1996 - 9/2016)