Should We Switch To Green Bag Or Wait It Out?

Guest MrsKuchta

Guest LunaTheGreyt

I tried Luna on Earthborn Holistic (grain free) and Kirkland's kibble...pudding poop constantly with both. I did a quick transition to Green Bag over a couple of days about 2 months ago and the improvement was immediate! I was always a "dog food snob" but now I'm just in the mindset of "If it works, don't question it!" We are Green Bag Believers here, too!

ETA: My trick for picking up loose stool is to throw a poop bag down when she squats. Easy to pick up by hand with another bag. Living in an apartment complex, I always feel hyper-aware of any messes my dogs leave behind!

Edited by LunaTheGreyt

Guest FreeholdHound

I have the opposite. Green Bag made everything worse :( Finally did allergy test which eliminated 99% of the kibble out there. Had to do some research & found Earthborn Holistic GPF & Natures Logic Beef or Sardine. Now giving kibble in the AM & raw in the PM. I So wanted Iams to work, but I'm glad I finally found something that does. :)

Guest shanesmom

I tried a few foods with Ace before making the switch to the green bag. I did a pretty quick switch over since the other food was obviously not good for him with all the gas and pudding poop. The change was immediate and has been ever since. So easy to clean up after him now and keep him on a good schedule. No gas at all either. He gets the large chunks here. Loves his food so much he was inhaling and coughing up the mini bites. Since switching to the large chunks he has to chew his food so no more coughing it up.

Guest MrsKuchta

Well..I was a believer, but now we are back to pudding poop. Thoughts? She's eating 2 cups, morning and night. I tried the pumpkin and that didn't help either. Poor girl...

Guest OPointyDog

How much does she weigh? 4 cups of dry food is a lot for a female greyhound, unless she's really active. Our female is 68 lbs and eats 3 cups of Iams a day (1.5 cups, twice a day). Each dog is different, but I know from experience that too much food can sometimes overwhelm their colon.

Have you tried boiled rice and boiled hamburger or chicken? Sometimes a bland diet for a few days will reset the system.