Please Share Your Wisdom Regarding Stem Cell Therapy

Guest Dinabird

Guest Dinabird

My wonderful WRKaylie will be 13 in Oct and has been in excellent health till now except for losing a toe. Her back legs give out on her and if I miss a day of glucosamine/chondroitin she has trouble getting up our three steps. Our Vet has suggested stem cell but I wonder if that would be worth the ordeal for her at her age and worth the expense or if using some medication would be a better call.

So I am interested in what folks with more experience than I have to say. I just want to keep her quality of life good for her as long as we can. Today I had to carry her rear up the steps - is this the beginning of the end? She is my first and only Grey and like them all she is very special. Thanks for your help.

I have no experience with stem cell therapy, but it is something that my Vet started offering recently. She incorporated I-therm into her practice in May of 2012 of which I do have personal experience and have recommended countless times to others. Since I have seen the miracles of I-therm treatments, I trust that my Vet has faith in stem cell therapy as well and will follow her recommendations should the need arise in the future.

I would think that in a forward thinking area such as Bremerton, you should be able to find a practice offering I-therm and consider/compare them for the specifics of Kaylie's condition.

Gentle hugs for Kaylie.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I would happily try this for Sid if his single functioning hip ever gives out! I've heard very good things about it, and IMHO it would be worth a try. Let's face it, it's mostly older dogs that need this type of therapy in the first place, and a little suffering for a long gain in terms of freedom from pain and discomfort would be worth it to me, and hopefully to Sid, too.

I doubt any medication can match the results if the stem cell therapy works.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest Dinabird

I have no experience with stem cell therapy, but it is something that my Vet started offering recently. She incorporated I-therm into her practice in May of 2012 of which I do have personal experience and have recommended countless times to others. Since I have seen the miracles of I-therm treatments, I trust that my Vet has faith in stem cell therapy as well and will follow her recommendations should the need arise in the future.

I would think that in a forward thinking area such as Bremerton, you should be able to find a practice offering I-therm and consider/compare them for the specifics of Kaylie's condition.

Gentle hugs for Kaylie.

forward thinking, is that a joke?? :)

Have you ever lived in Florida? :D

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead