Canoeing With Your Dog

Guest badderh

I just read each post carefully and did not see one that indicated a greyhound was thrown in the water to teach it to swim. I would love for you to point it out to me, because obviously, one of us can't read.

btw, this pic was taken close to shore, if the canoe tipped, I was right beside it in a kayak, ready to save Brooke if necessary since the water was only waist high for me.

I wasn't going to explain myself but so many assumed the worse. No, DH would not take her out in deep water, he stayed by the shore. We have 2 lifejackets for the pups, just didn't feel it was necessary and just wanted a pic of Brooke in the canoe and they were only in the canoe for a few moments. It was obviously not a problem to get her in the canoe, if she refused we wouldn't have forced her, Ben won't go in so we don't force him. I was able to place her in the middle of it and DH got in without tipping it. Mind you he has been canoeing for well over 50 years and knows a little bit about canoe tipping.

Like I said earlier, when our greys fell into the water, they immediately started swimming towards shore, shook themselves and went on with their day like nothing happened. Brooke still regularly goes into the lake for a drink of water without fear.

Plus the lake wasn't fenced in like a dog park, I'm surprised no one mentioned that too :lol

Wow, so defensive. I was referring to post 18 which was not about a greyhound, (it was an Afghan Hound) but dogs are dogs! I guess you arent great at reading after all :bgeorge

In any case, I was saying I have taken my dogs out kayaking and that the craft I had at the time wasn't that suitable. Not sure why the defensiveness would be directed at me ?

Edited by jetska

Wow, so defensive. I was referring to post 18 which was not about a greyhound, (it was an Afghan Hound) but dogs are dogs! I guess you arent great at reading after all :bgeorge

In any case, I was saying I have taken my dogs out kayaking and that the craft I had at the time wasn't that suitable. Not sure why the defensiveness would be directed at me ?

My apologies, I'm not sure either. And I am the one who didn't read very carefully. You did not deserve this and I am sorry.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross