Victor Gf Dog Food

Guest FreeholdHound

Guest FreeholdHound

I've done some reading and couldn't find any recent posts on this kibble, but I am interested in trying it out as it sounded like a good food, reasonably priced. Is anyone currently using this with success? I was looking into the GF All Life Stages Formula.

Guest WhiteWave

I fed the dog Victor dog foods before. Grain free and grain inclusive ones. It is a decent dog food for the money. Soft poop was my only issue in some of my dogs.

Did well for my dogs. However, they are doing just as well if not better on Victor's High Energy formula which does have grains but not in such high quantity as many other brands. Mine are doing very well on the HE formula & my finances appreciate the break. This is the first food with grains that my older Grey has been able to tolerate.

Guest WhiteWave

Next time I try Victor I think I'm going to try the High Energy. Ronon did very well on the Hi Pro, but Joey didn't. But both are doing fabulous on Pro Plan Performance and I got it on sale so they will be eating that for a while. I want to try the Victor Beef and Rice for Casper. He can't have any poultry and didn't do too well on either fish formula and that is the only other formula that doesn't include chicken. Rocky looked awesome the Ocean Blend(grain inclusive) though. I just wish all the dogs could eat the samething, but having 6 dogs, doubt that will ever happen!

Mail order food is always more expensive though I've done it when I needed to. I got lucky when the local livestock supply store ditched Diamond & went with Victor instead. Hadn't heard of Victor before so did a little research then decided to give it a try. For the HE I'm paying about $36 + tax for 40 lbs.

Guest FreeholdHound

I called around locally & went on the Victor website & it's not sold in NJ. The closest I found is Horse on a Hill Farm and Feed in NY. Speedy email replies & nice to deal with so I will not complain. Will arrive in a few days. I hope he likes it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FreeholdHound

Harry has been doing really well on the Victor High Energy. He runs to the bowl & his "output" has been greatly reduced :)