What Kind Of Training Treats Do You Use?

Guest Clawsandpaws

Guest Clawsandpaws
I just use his regular kibble! He loves it :)

I JUST tried this when I read that to see if he liked it...He loves it, I guess it just didn't seem exciting to me!

Guest Giselle

And he should! In comparison to treats, most high quality kibble has a much higher percentage of meat than other ingredients. I'd assume that kibble should taste better than a lot of dog biscuits or human cereal ;)

Guest grey_dreams

I also cut down on the bowl-fed meals and use acana kibble for moderate training (that way, the daily nutritional values are met). For higher-value training, I use steamed turkey filets cut into small pieces. The highest-value training requires boiled chicken liver cut up into small pieces. All three levels work well depending on what I'm asking the dog to do :)

Polish Kabanos sausage, thinly sliced. I never take out very much of it as it needs to be kept special. One way to get her to come back instantly is to wait til she's looking in my direction and offer another dog (if allowed) a little.