Help! Won't Eat When He's With Dog Sitter!

Guest dee

When my husband and I go on vacation our three dogs stay home with a dog sitter that moves into our home, all three dogs really love the sitter. We've used him for a while and have had no problems. This time we were away for ten days and when we got home Micah seemed more skittish than usual and when I looked in his bowl there was kibble in it! He usually inhales his food. Spoke to the sitter and he said Micah seems to really miss me after 6/7 days and starts showing anxiety and lack of appetite. I've never been away for more than 7 days.

I feel terrible for Micah and don't know what I can do to help him. He has come so far from the extremely shy, skittish dog we first knew and it hurts me to know that I'm causing him to feel his old insecurities. Does anyone have any suggestions? My next door neighbor is close to Micah and he really likes her and she said that she would come and visit with him several times while we are gone to see if that would help. any help would be so appreciated!