Christmas Cookies For Houndies

Guest DeniseL

Guest DeniseL

Well, its about that time again! :) I usually spend an afternoon or two baking cookies for the holidays. This will be our first Christmas with two hounds hawking the kitchen....I would love to be able to bake something for them at the same time, so that while we are sampling they could have something safe and healthy to munch on, too.

Anyone have any favorite and easy recipes for dog cookies? :)

Guest FinnsMom

Here are a couple websites I found for homemade doggie cookies. Some of the recipes are just a few ingredients while some have triple what human cookie recipes have. :dunno I've got a couple printed out that I am going to try this weekend. I'm sure whatever you make your hound(s) will love them.

http://www.bullwrink...pes/Recipes.htm

http://www.best-dog-treat-recipes.com/

Edited cause I left out a word. LOL

Edited by FinnsMom

Guest BlingDogs

I've got a great peanut butter one that's easy to do.

2 cups whole wheat flour

1 Tablespoon baking powder

1 cup natural peanut butter

1 cup skim milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour and baking powder with a whisk. In another bowl, combine peanut butter and milk. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix well. Turn dough on a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes. Sometimes I find it's easier to take pinchfuls of dough and press them into the cutters if it's being crumbly.

Place on a cookie sheet, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool, then store in an air tight container.

Enjoy :D