Oh My Gosh - Homer's Ashes....

Guest Alysmom

Guest Alysmom

Julie , for however long it takes fo mourn the Loss of Homer , we will be here for you . Lots of :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Thanks so much, it is taking quite awhile. It has been almost 6 weeks, I haven't had a day yet when I haven't cried missing him....

Julie-how are you today? Thinking of you.

Thanks for asking. I am doing better, but I still miss him terribly. I still cry some every day. Even though I am in the process of adopting another hound, there will never be another like him. I guess that is why I am looking at one so completely different. A small and shy girl. She is about 40 pounds and fawn color He was a red brindle. Big (88 pounds!) and bold and goofy. I loved him so. It is still so very, very painful. I think I will miss him as long as I live. He brought so much joy into my life. I still look for him automatically every place in the house and when I get up from a chair, I always still try and step over him, thinking he is at my feet. :(

Unfortunately many of us feel your heartache-myself included. After I lost my heart dog Kate I felt like I couldn't breathe. It's been 2 yrs and I still think of her each and every day. I surround myself in pictures and tokens that keep her memory strong--not to perpetuate sadness but, to remember her with greyt fondness. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life and I'm sure that's how you feel about your boy.

Congrats on looking for a new hound--there's nothing like a new houndie to help heal a broken heart.