Lily Isn't Eating

Guest raedab

Guest raedab

Hi all

So I switched Lily's food a couple weeks ago and now she isn't eating. I didn't mix because we found some evidence that something had been tampering with the last bit of food. (I have no clue what it was, but we tossed the last bit of food just to be safe. We started her on a new food- lamb and rice. I forget the brand, but I know it was lamb. She was eating fine, had diarrhea for a week. She looked very under the weather, but we knew that it was from the food change. But now she isn't really eating at all. A little bit here, a little there, but she isn't eating full meals when we put it out there like she was. She doesn't look sick at all. I'm just a little concerned. Maybe because I'm a new grey mommy? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hi all

So I switched Lily's food a couple weeks ago and now she isn't eating. I didn't mix because we found some evidence that something had been tampering with the last bit of food. (I have no clue what it was, but we tossed the last bit of food just to be safe. We started her on a new food- lamb and rice. I forget the brand, but I know it was lamb. She was eating fine, had diarrhea for a week. She looked very under the weather, but we knew that it was from the food change. But now she isn't really eating at all. A little bit here, a little there, but she isn't eating full meals when we put it out there like she was. She doesn't look sick at all. I'm just a little concerned. Maybe because I'm a new grey mommy? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Others more knowledgeable than I will respond I'm sure, but I think I've read on this site that a lot of greys don't like the lamb flavor and chicken might be a better choice.

Guest raedab

i was thinking that, so maybe we'll try another flavor. She was doing well on lower grade dog food brands, and i would hate to switch back to that. Thank you!

Guest saltwaterron

we had been feeding riley blue buffalo chicken and rice for a long time. last week changed to blue buffalo sensitive stomachs. she hasn't eaten much in the last 4 days. she does have a serious heart problem and now i don't know what to think: is it the food or is it her heart.