Perfect Form Smell

Guest verthib

Guest verthib

Got the perfect form today. It has a strong smell and my dogs weren't crazy about eating their food. Why does it have such a strong smell?? blink.gif

Edited by verthib

I just got some as well after reading about it here. I actually thought it would smell worse. ( of course I had given them some tripe before so anything is like flowers in comparison) . I mixed it with water and then into some wet food before putting it on the kibble and he did gobble it up. I did not notice a strong smell??

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330221364[/url]' post='5176368']

I just got some as well after reading about it here. I actually thought it would smell worse. ( of course I had given them some tripe before so anything is like flowers in comparison) . I mixed it with water and then into some wet food before putting it on the kibble and he did gobble it up. I did not notice a strong smell??

As soon as I opened the can I smelled it. I thought it would be odorless, or close to it. My powder is a green color. Is yours?

Yes, mine is also green. It smells like a tea or natural food healthy powder with greens in it (does that make sense?) . But definitely mellow. I had my husband smell it, his reaction was also a mellow but green algae/ alfalfa/ type smell. Maybe you should call the company. It is definitely not odorless, but not bad.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330224338[/url]' post='5176409']

Yes, mine is also green. It smells like a tea or natural food healthy powder with greens in it (does that make sense?) . But definitely mellow. I had my husband smell it, his reaction was also a mellow but green algae/ alfalfa/ type smell. Maybe you should call the company. It is definitely not odorless, but not bad.

Mine is probably the same as yours. I have a sensitive nose. I noticed it has fennel in it, that's maybe what I'm smelling. And I didn't mix it with water first, I add water to their dry kibble every day anyway, so I just put the powder in that and stirred it around. Hope that was ok.

Edited by verthib

Did it get to a paste like consistency in their food bowl after you mixed it around? It may be wishful thinking but 3 doses later, I think it is already working for better poops and less gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed because my husband was ready to sleep elsewhere... :huh !!

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330224968[/url]' post='5176418']

Did it get to a paste like consistency in their food bowl after you mixed it around? It may be wishful thinking but 3 doses later, I think it is already working for better poops and less gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fingers crossed because my husband was ready to sleep elsewhere... :huh !!

No not really it just dissolved into the water with the food. Our problem wasn't gas but it is soft poops for our boy. I'm crossing my fingers.

Edited by verthib

Guest verthib

Ok it could be coincidence, but Angus had a great poop this morning! The smell is still nauseating to me though. And he doesn't eat his food with as much gusto. I think if it helps...for a couple weeks I'll give it daily and then maybe cut back to twice a week.Does anyone know if it's for long term use?

Edited by verthib

Guest verthib

Baaaaadnpoops this afternoon. On both dogs. sad.gif What is the only thing different they've both had? Perfect Form. I sure do hope it's not that. Will give it a few more days. If no improvement, I'll give the can away.

Baaaaadnpoops this afternoon. On both dogs. sad.gif What is the only thing different they've both had? Perfect Form. I sure do hope it's not that. Will give it a few more days. If no improvement, I'll give the can away.

My guy has had better poops these last 3 days on perfect form, but I did notice he has actually gone more often? Why do yours have bad/ loose poops? Sorry if you already wrote about that.

They still do not "roll down a hill" so to speak but they have been pick up-able!! I am going to give it once a day for now, not twice.Too much?

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330302435[/url]' post='5177081']
1330301882[/url]' post='5177069']

My guy has had better poops these last 3 days on perfect form, but I did notice he has actually gone more often? Why do yours have bad/ loose poops? Sorry if you already wrote about that.

They still do not "roll down a hill" so to speak but they have been pick up-able!! I am going to give it once a day for now, not twice.Too much?

My Angus has always had bad poops, Gracie has generally had excellent poops. Instead of just giving the PF to Angus I thought I'd give it to her too because it has beneficial ingredients. Mistake. Last night their poops were excellent and this morning good. But this afternoon TERRIBLE pudding poops. I gave less than the recommended dose. I put 1/4 teaspoon in their bowls morning and night. So the only common thing is the PF. Ugh. Maybe my mother gave them something they shouldn't have had, I'm hoping that's what it is. You could try once a day because it has a LOT of fiber and some dogs don't do great with a lot. Or you could split up the dose into both meals so it's less per meal. Keep me posted! I have high hopes for this stuff.

My Angus has always had bad poops, Gracie has generally had excellent poops. Instead of just giving the PF to Angus I thought I'd give it to her too because it has beneficial ingredients. Mistake. Last night their poops were excellent and this morning good. But this afternoon TERRIBLE pudding poops. I gave less than the recommended dose. I put 1/4 teaspoon in their bowls morning and night. So the only common thing is the PF. Ugh. Maybe my mother gave them something they shouldn't have had, I'm hoping that's what it is. You could try once a day because it has a LOT of fiber and some dogs don't do great with a lot. Or you could split up the dose into both meals so it's less per meal. Keep me posted! I have high hopes for this stuff.

Great idea about splitting the one dose into 2 meal times! My vet talked to me about problems with digestion, resulting in the bad poops ( we have only had this guy 7 weeks). A blood test would be needed to see if there is a real issue with that. I was also told to try tripe to assist as a natural digestive aide. Have you heard about this?

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330303999[/url]' post='5177115']
1330302860[/url]' post='5177092']
1330302435[/url]' post='5177081']
1330301882[/url]' post='5177069']

Great idea about splitting the one dose into 2 meal times! My vet talked to me about problems with digestion, resulting in the bad poops ( we have only had this guy 7 weeks). A blood test would be needed to see if there is a real issue with that. I was also told to try tripe to assist as a natural digestive aide. Have you heard about this?

No I haven't heard of that. I'm going to google it. Also, what kind of blood test? Ive heard on here that some people have done blood tests for food allergies but two vets I've spoken to said they are not reliable. I'd be interested in the blood test you're referring to if it isolates some sort of digestive or enzyme issue.

I will ask my vet again about the blood test.

I also emailed the company to see for how long PF should be given.

Had bad poops tonite :( ( him, not me) !!?? But again, you are right about the large amount of fiber.

Pumpkin has not helped him as it does my girls.

ho5U2p6.jpg?1

Guest verthib
1330307155[/url]' post='5177168']

Had bad poops tonite :( ( him, not me) !!?? But again, you are right about the large amount of fiber.

Oh no yours too? Maybe split the dose in half. Pumpkin gives mine the runs.

Guest verthib

We rate our poops in this house (animal poops, not ours :lol )...and this morning both dogs had perfect 5's!!! I hope yesterday afternoon was just because my mother gave them a cookie that they weren't used to. How is yours doing?

Guest mirinaaronsmom

I used a container for Mojo because his poops get really loose from one of his chemo drugs, and they weren't getting any better. I was giving him a teaspoon and a quarter with both meals (mix it with warm water to make a paste like it says on the back of the container) and he gobbles it up, but he'll eat anything. It took about a week and his poops got much better. When the first container was gone, I stopped just to see if it really was doing the trick. His poops have still been good, but we have 2 more weeks before he gets his doxy again, so I'll see what happens then.