Help I Can't Get My New Grey To Eat!

Guest tubbys

I saw the other thread was locked but i just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, but happy you found a solution for your other baby. How sad to have to go thorugh so much.

Easier said than done, but try not to take things too personally here. There's lots of good info once you filter out the negativity.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry to hear that your girl passed away. Godspeed, Princess.

The happy news is that your new pup is eating.

Remember, your girl KNEW that you loved her. Hold on to that.

Don't leave. Please. This board is a tremendous resource and the support and friendship you get here are worth more that might be apparent from this first experience. People really just want to help.

Guest SoulsMom

I saw the other thread was locked but i just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss, but happy you found a solution for your other baby. How sad to have to go thorugh so much.

Easier said than done, but try not to take things too personally here. There's lots of good info once you filter out the negativity.

:nod:nod:nod

My condolences as well on the loss of your girl. I hope you'll stick around, LOTS of good people on here, and only a few bad apples

Hi! We adopted our first Greyhound, Astro 6 months ago. He too, had a problem eating when we first got him. It took some time, and trust for him to actually eat his food. We add a sardine to each of his 2 meals, which at first he didn't care about- but now he loves them!! Hang in there! We too, were very worried that he would lose weight, but he started to eat all of his meals, and now is perfect!! I think that they just need some time to settle into their forever home!! Leanna

Glad your pup decided to eat and I agree with your comments about being kind to one another. This is a great site and I'm always just a little shocked when someone gets snippy......no need for that. Good luck with your new pup!