Cat Flea Collars....a Problem Near Greys?

I know that it's not safe to use flea collars on greyhounds. I use Frontline for them. But, we are having a flea problem at our house and the cats are getting the worst of it. I would like to put flea collars on them (the cats only)...but is it safe to have flea collars even in the vicinity of greyhounds? They do share some of the same spaces, sofas, etc.

Flea collars are not effective, and expose pets to unnecessary chemicals. I'd be more concerned for the cats' safety than the greyhounds. To effectively treat the flea problem, I'd use Frontline or Advantage on the cats too, and also get the house/property treated as more than 90% of the flea population is in the environment.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

What you CAN do with a flea collar, though is this: Cut it into pieces, and vacuum it into your vacuum cleaner's bag. That way, you'll kill the little buggers when you vacuum them up, so it will help stop the cycle.

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

I fought this battle in April and found that daily vacuuming helped tremendously! I bought a Hoover Lynx cordless (best investment I have made in years!), and use it every morning (tile in all rooms except bedrooms), one area rug and the Victoria Peak beds. Switching to Advantage II helped, too! I used a flea comb on everybody every day for a couple of months and treated the yard with Adams yard spray. It took the predictable 42 days to see a marked reduction in fleas.

Will continue this regimen until it proves unsuccessful.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead