Tummy Problems

Guest mydenise

Guest mydenise

Hello, I am new to this so please bare with. I am a new owner of a wonderful brindle grey. Since I have had here she has been to the vet two times with a very gassey tummy and in pain. We don't know what is the cause. This time shehad a displaced splene (should be on left was on the right) and her small intestine was slightly out of place I can't remember what she called this condition anyway we had to do surgery. The symptoms were really noisey stomach, vomiting and eating grass. We are on day #6 and are on id/gastric diet and entroducing her reg. food i nsmall amounts. But now it seems that she is wanting to eat grass again, stomach noisey won't drink water. I am so afraid she is going to have this problem again, has anyone else had this happen? I am wonering if it is the food she is eating. She is on Taste of the wild poultry and foul. HELP PLEASE

It could be the food. It may be the protein source. I would suggest one of the other Taste Of The Wild foods, maybe the fish or bison flavors. She may have issues with poultry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

It sounds like she had bloat with a torsion that needed to be surgically repaired - please correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case, it might be happening again since you mentioned you started introducing regular food and she is not drinking now. I would suggest contacting the vet that did the surgery and see what you should do - you might need to have a visit to an e-vet immediately.

You can google "bloat" and it will likely list symptoms like trying to cough, restless (can't lie down for more than a minute or so) and panting ?

As to what could cause it .. could be the food is just making her to "gassy" and you might need to stick with the I/D for a longer period of time.

Hope everything gets straightened out for poor Denise. I too think you should be talking to the vet.

Welcome to Greytalk, and we're glad you found us! Hope you'll let us know how things go.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).