Allergy Attack?

Guest Liz

Tess our 12 year old went out in the yard tonight and when she came in we told her we were going for a ride. She loves car rides and always gets excited, so when she got in the car and started panting we weren't worried, but by the time we got to our groomers which was only five minutes away, she was wheezing, panting, hacking and was having trouble catching her breathe. Our groomer checked her and her heart was not racing but she seemed like she was fighting for air. I went over to the drugstore next store and got liquid Benadrly and it seemed to help. She is now resting quietly but we are worried. What could be going on with her?I plan on calling the vet on Monday to get her in for a check up. Has anyone else had this happen? Could she have gotten biten by a bug that caused an allergic reaction? We checked her over and could not find anything. If anyone has any ideas we would be grateful for any advice.

It sounds like she may have larangeal paralysis and the benedral sedated her. You might have the vet check her.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BrianRke

I was watching my local news yesterday and they were doing a story about how bad pet allergies are right now. If there has been a lack of rain and high temps in your area, this may be the culprit.

No information to add other than my dogs have been having a hard time with all the heat and dust this year. Hope everything works out OK with her. :unsure

june